Protect Your Investment for Just $399 — One Time

Did you know that if your vehicle is stolen or totaled in a major accident, your loss could add up to more than its value? As you might be aware, the value of any vehicle declines rapidly during the first few years of ownership. Most insurance policies, however, only cover the value of your vehicle at the time of the loss, which means that the settlement you receive could be less than the amount you owe.

Now you can protect the value of your vehicle with Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP). GAP covers the 'gap' between the vehicle's value and the amount you still owe. GAP can give you peace of mind by protecting you against the financial burden associated with the loss of your vehicle.

This summary is a brief overview of the program and is not to be considered a full disclosure of policy terms. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for complete forms, conditions, limitations, definitions, and exclusions. 

How Does GAP Work?1

GAP protection goes into effect when you need it most - when your vehicle is stolen and isn't recovered or totaled in an accident and can't be repaired.

GAP waives the difference between your primary insurance carrier's settlement and the payoff of your loan or lease, less delinquent payments, late charges, and your insurance deductible.

How to File a Claim

Call the Claims Administrator at 1-800-711-4280 to request a claim form. Notice of the Loss must have been provided to the Claims Administrator within 90 days of the date of Loss. To process a claim the Claims Administrator must be sent a completed and signed claim form, along with the following required documents, within 180 days of the date of Loss.

  1. A copy of the Automobile Insurance Policy Declarations page in effect on the date of Loss.
  2. A copy of the Covered Auto title or registration in effect on the date of Loss.
  3. A copy of the estimate of repairs or the total Loss statement.
  4. A copy of the claim payment check and/or settlement letter from the Auto Insurance Company showing the amount that was paid and that the deductible was satisfied.
  5. A copy of the check, credit card charge, debit card charge or cash receipt showing the deductible was paid.
  6. Any other information that may reasonably be requested in order to process your claim.


1Please consult your Telcoe loan representative to determine your eligibility.

Investments/Insurance/Warranties: Not NCUA Insured • Not Credit Union Issued, Guaranteed or Underwritten • May Lose Value